Friday, December 14, 2007

Here Comes the Spiderman!






















Not all of my customers turn out to be superheroes (or offer to don their capes when I come over to deliver orders!)

This tough guy is the exception;) More than happy to show his enthusiasm for his new Justice League canvas reproductions, I couldn't help but snap a few extra shots. Unlike most SuperGuys, he didn't shy away from the flash (no pun intended).
Last summer I delivered his first two installments of his now growing collection of 18x18" canvas. He strongly requested Batman & Flash. Recently Santa got a hold of me and suggested a third hero would be nice. So the Supe (a.k.a Clark Kent) is on his way today in time for Santa's December 24th rounds.

These images, duplicated from classics, are reminiscent of Roy Lichtenstein's 60's pop art that brought the comic strip to forefront. The bold colours, strong black outlines and in-your-face icons are easy for the eye to navigate. Although these replicas of the classic heroes are exaggerated in their features, they are not meant to represent the stereotypes that Lichtenstein worked so hard to achieve. Batman, Flash and now Supe are basically just fun to look at and add a little extra flare to an already trendy playroom.
Spidey, as you see him in full form above, is one of my favourite wee customers to deliver to. So I was sorry to hear that Peter Parker will be playing hockey when I deliver this morning.
Gotta stay in shape as you never know when evil will strike;)

No comments: