Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chocolate Pirate

With the countdown to Christmas speeding up, Sweet Pea is on the homestretch to completing the last of the pre-holiday orders.

This has definitely been a hockey jersey year with a hearty handful of families requesting this specific theme and several already booked for 2008.
Creating chic spaces for boys has been a learning experience for me, as I am used to preparing petit boudoirs for princesses. So it is nice to add these sports jersey canvas' to my portfolio. Despite their growing popularity, each piece is a one-of-a-kind creation that caters to the wee one it is designed for.

The canvas pictured is a 30x40" and fits two jerseys nicely, complete with shelf and quote from Guy Lafleur, "Play every game like it's your last."
The shelf is made to match the colour of the childs furniture, as best as possible and the neutral background in tan lends nicely to any wall colour. By keeping the background neutral, the canvas will grow with the child even if their room matures in colour and styles over the years.

As I understand, this piece will be revealed to its new mini owner on the big 2-5 next week. Fortunately, during my home consultation with his M & D, he was too busy counting down with several chocolate advent calendars to notice what this painter lady had come over for;)

Previously, I mentioned my wee customer that likes to don his Superhero cape when I come over, but this little guy turned out to be a chocolate (advent calendar)-eating Pirate, all decked out in his swashbuckling gear! My job is just that much better when I get to meet the wee ones; little Superheroes & Swashbucklers always remind me what dreams are made of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Your work is absolutely amazing, just like your personality. Our "chocolate pirate" talks about you often, but as you said, has no idea why you were taking pictures of his room. Frank and I can't wait to see his face. Thank you for taking so much time and detail into the canvas. It certainly is special.