Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nest Obsessed




My hubby fears felt gitch are in the forecast!

Anytime we put something on the list for baby-to-be, I insist I must be able to make it with felt!
Not unlike my dear, old Gran who had a phase of crocheting the beans out of every household item, I have a slight obsession with this very forgiving fabric of sorts.

Nesting.
Every mama does it. Others may overdo it until the nest becomes one, fluffy giant piece of felt!

Shanghai is the hub of DIY and I first discovered felt at the famous Yu Yuan when I came upon a box of make-your-own-sushi. Too cute! After a long day of teaching kindy...I would settle down to sew little sushi's...longing for the day that there would be a wee one at home to appreciate my efforts.
After sushi came cupcakes.
After cupcakes came a positive pregnancy test (okay, I took 5 in a row!) and good news on the upcoming adoption.
Now the house is overflowing with felt toys, diaper caddies, cot pillows...& Baby Daddy fears his undies are next;)

Ahhh...I hope the baby arrives eager to play;)

PICTURED:
Stack of felt (feeds my addiction to COLOUR!) I ohh and ahh at it every day!
Sushi & Coco
Wee bite of cupcakes (100% vegan;)

No comments: